NDI New Mexico offers many great career opportunities. Whether you are interested in teaching excellence to children through one of our outreach programs, teaching dance at one of our state of the art facilities, or offering your expertise in our development offices, we can assure you that you can make a difference in the lives of New Mexico’s children.
Even if a position above does not interest you, we are always accepting applications for employment. If you would like to send us your information, please fill out the form below.
Current Job Openings
|Title:||Senior Director of Development|
|Reports to:||Executive Director|
|Supervises:||Santa Fe Director of Development, Albuquerque Director of Development, Director of Grants and Evaluation, and Development Associate|
The National Dance Institute of New Mexico is founded with the knowledge that the arts have a unique power to engage and motivate children. The purpose of our distinctive programs is to help children develop discipline, a standard of excellence, and a belief in themselves that will carry over into all aspects of their lives.
Purpose of Senior Director of Development:
The Senior Director of Development is responsible to the Executive Director for overseeing the organization’s fundraising function including creation and implementation of the organization’s development plan; cultivation and solicitation of donors; oversight of staff, events, grants and record keeping; and management of pertinent development fiscal and financial goals. The Senior Director of Development is a member of NDI New Mexico’s senior management leadership team.
- Responsible, with executive staff and the NDI New Mexico Board of Directors, for achieving the organization’s annual, capital, legacy, and endowment development goals as established through the annual and long range planning process.
- Responsible, in conjunction with the Development Staff and Board Development Committees, to create an annual plan for achieving above goals including supporting all fundraising committees.
- Responsible for working with Development staff (team of approximately 8) to set priority goals and work plans, achieve fundraising goals, ensure successful communication strategies and overall coordination and support of organizational long range plan, priorities, and objectives.
- Responsible for developing new sources of contributed income including individual, corporate, foundation, and government program services funding.
- Creates and maintains a personal annual portfolio of approximately 150 individual and corporate prospects and donors. Donor strategies include: identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of prospects and donors via one-on-one meetings, telephone conversations, written correspondence, and emails.
- Works with board members to maximize the portfolio process and build major donor activity in Santa Fe and Albuquerque, with the goal of increasing membership in the Founders Circle and Circle of Excellence and meeting the annual giving goals.
- Coordinates with Marketing and Communications team on marketing and PR activities including a Communications Calendar, press releases and all collateral materials (Newsletter, Program Book, Press Kit, Website, etc.).
Management, Board, and Administration
- Oversees Development staff including direct reports: Santa Fe Development Director, Albuquerque Development Director, Director of Grant and Evaluation, and Development Associate, and sets direction for additional team members including Grant Writer, Santa Fe Development Manager, and Albuquerque Development Manager.
- Regularly cultivates and communicates with the Board of Directors.
- Participates and supports the preparation of quarterly board meetings including development of the board packet and writing reports as needed.
- Sets goals and oversees board development committees including SF Development, Public Funding, ABQ Development, Corporate Council, and others as needed.
- Attends and participates in Executive, Finance, Investment, and Audit Committees as needed.
- Works with Executive Director and HR Manager to determine development staffing needs.
- Prepares annual development budgets and income projections in conjunction with Director of Business and Administration.
- Tracks income and development expenditures to ensure budget compliance.
- Ensures grants reporting, compliance, and coordination with Director of Business and Administration and Director of Grants and Evaluation.
- Signs contracts, checks, and other documents as needed.
Working Conditions, Environment and Physical Requirements:
- Functions performed in a variety of environments including: NDI New Mexico offices, schools, residency sites, and other locations
- Requires reimbursable in-state travel to NDI New Mexico locations, participating schools, residency sites, and community events
- Requires weekend and evening hours; the position of Senior Director of Development is full-time.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
Job Specific Requirements:
- College Degree
- A minimum of five years’ experience in fund development and currently working in the non-profit sector as a fundraiser.
- A minimum fundraising track record of $5 Million annual and $15 Million capital.
- Oversight of 7–10 fundraising and marketing staff.
- A willingness to collaborate with the Executive Director on meeting organizational goals.
- Knowledge of New Mexico market extremely helpful.
- Experience working for an organization with multiple locations extremely helpful.
Core NDI New Mexico Employee Requirements:
- Believes in the mission of the organization
- High energy
- Desires to strive for excellence in job
- Ability to work with people of all backgrounds and ages
- Supports teamwork and collaboration
- Behaves ethically and with personal integrity
- Operates in a fiscally responsible manner
- Willingness to assist with whatever needs to get done for the success of the organization
- Professional appearance and phone manner
- Exhibits strong leadership and management skills
- Communicate effectively through clear speaking, writing, and effective listening
- Exercises excellent judgment and makes decisions weighing importance, urgency, and risk, making clear decisions that are timely and in the best interests of the organization
- Demonstrates adaptability through a willingness to be flexible and versatile in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- Applies knowledge of human resources, financial and project management
All qualified applicants will receive consideration of employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual preference, sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, or physical or mental handicap or disability.